(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Please see the full job posting at https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/jobposting/9c4e108075de432e96267a7bd49ad8b10523e0290
Reference number 2021/026. The start date is May 1st, 2021 or by agreement. The position is available for two years with the possibility for extension. The working language is English. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of the eleven Excellence Universities in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
This position is an exciting opportunity for you, if you wish to work on cutting-edge data science approaches, and conduct molecular biology research at the same time. The position is available within the newly established research group of Tenure Track Prof. Dr. Andreas Gruber, which has a focus on developing and applying data science approaches to study gene expression regulation in health and disease (further information: https://gruber-sciencelab.netlify.app).
Amongst others, you will have the opportunity to work on a novel, machine learning-based tool towards which we have been working in recent years and apply it to characterize gene expression regulation in normal versus diseased cells and tissues. On top, you will get the chance to contribute to internal and external research collaborations and to develop further data science tools and approaches.
Having specific knowledge in the cell biology topics of the lab is a plus, but definitely not required. If you have programming / data analysis skills and you are motivated to extend our current understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying health and disease, we are looking very much forward to your application!
- Develop, apply and publish (machine learning-based) biomedical data science approaches / tools
- Explore research hypotheses by analyzing large-scale RNA and whole genome sequencing experiments
- Implement, document and publish data analysis workflows and results
- Contribute to papers, presentations and funding proposals of the lab
- Assist teaching bioinformatics skills
- Completion of a PhD in a relevant subject (e.g. Bioinformatics, Informatics, Molecular Biology, Statistics)
- Excellent team-working and communication skills (in English language)
- Skilled in at least one of the common data science programming languages
R and/or Python
- Interest in analysing large datasets on a (e.g. cloud-based) high performance computing cluster
- Excellent development opportunities, extensive training and an attractive remuneration package
- An exciting interdisciplinary working environment at the interface of data sciences and molecular cell biology
- The opportunity to extend your data science and informatics skill set, while gaining domain knowledge by conducting research on the molecular basis of health and disease
If you have any additional questions, please get directly in contact via e-mail: andreas.j.gruber @uni-konstanz.de.
Please submit your application (motivation letter, CV, publication list, certificates, and if possible contact details of two references) in one single pdf file until March 15, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.