The newly established Munich Data Science Institute (MDSI) offers an opportunity to a Cloud Security Specialist at the earliest possible date for up 4.5 years.
The newly established Munich Data Science Institute (MDSI) is an integrative research center at the Technical University of Munich with an interdisciplinary and cross-faculty focus on the field of data science, and in particular machine learning. The Institute operates as a facilitator and disseminator of state-of-the-art technologies and IT infrastructures for the whole university and connects and coalesces all data-related expertise of TUM providing a collaborative, trans-disciplinary, and communal environment. As one direction, the MDSI is engaged in activities of research data management, e.g., shaping the way how biomedical data will be stored and analyzed in the future using cloud technologies together with the Leibniz Rechenzentrum (LRZ), one of the top 20 supercomputers in the world, and the German Human Genome Archive (GHGA) consortium, a national network of data centers for securely archiving, processing and serving human genome sequencing and other omics data for biomedical research.
As a Cloud Security Specialist, you will research, design, and develop frameworks for secure cloud computing at TUM, with a special focus on sensitive domains such as biomedical data. Together with the LRZ and the GHGA team, you identify and define requirements and security measures for the IT infrastructure to process biomedical data. With your deep understanding of cloud operations and security risks, you will ensure compliance with current cloud operations standards, including designing and performing penetration tests. Using the newly developed infrastructure, you will support the local GHGA team in customizing, deploying, and securing GHGA software and containers. By actively interacting with the research community and enabling new research through the provision of secure IT infrastructure, you will be involved in the strategic development of future services at the TUM as a whole. This will also include working with further researchers to create data protection documents and communicating these with legal departments and respective data protection officers. Through the interaction with GHGA and the MDSI research community, you will engage in at least 50% research.
● Research and development of security concepts for cloud computing
● Strategic development of secure IT infrastructure services at TUM
● Research, implementation, and monitoring of security measurements
● Ensure compliance to current standards e.g. ISO27001 and GDPR
● Design, adapt, deploy, and secure GHGA software in the local cloud
● Preparing data protection documents, e.g., for biomedical data research
● Research and perform novel penetration tests of the system
● Communicate with data protection officers and legal departments
● University master degree or higher in Computer Science or related subjects
● Experience in security requirements in IT and Network technologies
● Understanding of security processes and utilization of security tools
● Knowledge of existing standards e.g. ISO27001
● Experience with virtualization (cloud or non-cloud)
● Excellent communication skills in English (communication with consortia members)
● Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities to handle a diverse workload
Desirable but not required
● Knowledge of the KRITIS regulations and the corresponding B3S guidelines
● Hand-on experiences in auditing IT infrastructure
● Communication skills in German (communication with local partners)
● Interesting and versatile workplace International, attractive, and interdisciplinary working environment
● Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
● Flexible working hours
● Possibilities for further scientific qualification and for personal development.
Disabled applicants with equal suitability and qualification will be given particular consideration.TUM is striving to increase the proportion of women and hence applications from women are therefore expressly welcomed. Application The full-time position is funded for 4.5 years till 30.09.2025 with a salary according to the TV-L (German academic salary scale). The position can start as early as possible.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, and references and must be sent to
until 15th April 2021 referring to “Cloud-Security” in the email title.
As part of your application for a job at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you submit personal data.
Please note our data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/Bewerbung/.(scroll down for English version). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read TUM's data protection information.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im RahmenIhrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.