ZB MED – Information Centre for Life Sciences (www.zbmed.de) is looking for the following to start as soon as possible a Scientifiv Software Developer (f/m/d), Research Software Engineer (f/m/d) Salary Group 13 TV-L, in the department „Data Science and Services“ for the NFDI4Microbiota, initially for a limited period of three years (with the possibility of extension) on a full-time basis. The position is suitable for part-time work, provided that this can be covered in full. The planned start date is 1st October 2021.
ZB MED is an infrastructure and research centre for information and data in life sciences. With its literature inventory and access to literature, databases and research data, ZB MED supports researchers in gaining new information and knowledge - locally in Cologne and Bonn as well as nationally. ZB MED itself conducts application-oriented research using data science methods in the life sciences and pursues the goal of gaining new insights and developing offerings for life science research. The information centre is a foundation under public law.
NFDI4Micorbiota is part of the German NFDI (National Research Data Infrastructure) and aims at supporting researchers in microbiology (including bacteriology, virology, protistology, mycology and parasitology) to translate research data easily into a deep understanding of microbial species and their interactions on a molecular level. The mission of the NFDI4Microbiota consortium is to be the central hub in Germany for supporting the microbiology community with access to data, analysis services, data/metadata standards and training.
- Development of a central web platform for NFDI4Microbiota
- Integration of scientific software tools
Your professional qualification and your personal competences:
- Successfully completed academic university degree in computer, natural or information sciences
- Ideally experience in good software development practice (e.g. CI/CD), DevOps methods and associated tools (e.g. Git, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good knowledge of English
- Experience with research data management, meta-data standards, research software is an advantage
- An exciting, dynamic and collegial environment in the life and information sciences where you can bring in your ideas and visions.
- Extensive further training opportunities and possibilities for personal development
- Good conditions for the reconciliation of private and working life, e.g. very flexible working hours
- Additional pensions
- Modern equipped workplaces
- Sports and health offers
- Job ticket
ZB MED’s employment policy is designed to promote a wide diversity of backgrounds and skill sets. In cases where two or more applicants are ranked equally, and one has a disability, preference shall be given to the applicant with a disability. Applications from women are expressly encouraged. In accordance with North Rhine Westphalia’s legislation on equal opportunities, the female candidate will be preferred in the case of equal qualification, suitability and aptitude for the position and in the absence of any other outweighing factors. Equal opportunities are an integral part of ZB MED’s organisational and HR development policies. ZB MED has received the TOTAL QUALITY award on multiple occasions in recognition of its efforts to promote gender equality
Applications with the relevant documents exclusively online (max 20 pages in one file) to personalabteilung@zbmed are requested until September 05th 2021 to:
ZB MED –Information Centre for Life Sciences
Zeichen: DS 22/21
Gleueler Straße 60, 50931 Köln