The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers, supported by the Federal Government of Germany and the Senate of Berlin. It is dedicated to interdisciplinary biomedical research with the aim to translate basic research findings into clinical applications. The Scientific Infrastructures support and enable a wide portfolio of technologies and methodologies by specialized Scientific Technology Platforms, which are essential for the research approaches at the MDC. MDC researchers as well as Technology Platforms collaborate with Berlin based research and medical institutions and with leading international partner institutions and their respective infrastructures.
The Scientific Infrastructure Management at the MDC is seeking a Project Manager for Research Data Management to coordinate MDC's engagement in research data management including strategy and policy development as well as implementation, and to provide data management support to researchers.
The tasks of the project manager include but are not limited to:
• supporting the team leader in all projects
• developing principles and guidelines for research data management at the MDC in compliance with good scientific practice and FAIR data principles
• advising researchers on data repositories, data documentation, metadata standards, data file formats
• supporting researchers in writing data management plans and data submission
• evaluating and supporting tools for research data management, e.g. laboratory notebooks, laboratory information management systems, image databases
• managing existing tools for resource management of the Scientific Infrastructure
• organizing trainings and consultations
Applicants should have a degree in life sciences including bioinformatics, data science, information science or equivalent. Professional experience in the area of data management and publication processes would be of advantage. Further requirements are:
• knowledge of information and data management in life sciences
• knowledge of data repositories in life sciences
• experience with data documentation, metadata standards, and persistent identifiers
• professional command of both spoken and written German and English
• responsible and independent project management
• passion for science & technology, self-motivation, pro-active attitude
• experience in working for international research institutions and ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders on an international as well as interdisciplinary level would be helpful
The MDC is committed to diversity and actively supports equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. Therefore, we are welcoming applications from all qualified individuals (m/f/d). Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification. The MDC is certified by the “work and family” audit and provides an inclusive and family friendly environment.
up to E13 TVöD/Bund depending on qualification
next possible date
2 years with the perspective of extension
January 4, 2020
For more information see: https://www.mdc-berlin.de/career/jobs/project-manager-research-data-management