A full position is available for 2 years in the Research Core Unit Genomics (RCUG), Germany, starting at the earliest timepoint possible. A subsequent prolongation of the contract along with providing an attractive future perspective for the candidate is intended. Salary will be according to the domestic TV-L tarif (E13).
The applicant will be working in a highly experienced team of permanent employees with strong emphasis on personal responsibility, high level knowledge exchange and teamwork. Modern cluster computational infrastructure, various sequencing technology platforms and data analysis pipelines are established.
Key aspect of the applicant's work will be the analysis of next generation sequencing data in various research projects conducted on site (mainly bulk RNA-Seq and single cell RNA-Seq).
Please add two references to your application and apply by clicking the button down below.
The responsibilities of the applicant relate to the following topics:
- Participation in the provision of general RCUG services especially regarding Transcriptomics-based applications
- Quality control, analysis and visualization of generated data with special emphasis on the reduction of unrelated side effects
- Regular consultations with clients, focusing on aspects of study design, technological prospects, provided data formats and extended data analysis options
- Pipeline improvements in accordance with advances in the literature
- Implementation of practical regular training courses based on the MHH internal Galaxy instance
- Teaching of students and scientists in Transcriptomics-based applications and prospects
- Profound knowledge in bulk and single cell RNA-Seq data analysis
- Sound knowledge of R
- Experience with either Seurat, Scanpy, or comparable scRNA-seq data analysis software
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python or higher language like Java/C
- Very good spoken and written English
- Excellent communicationan skills as a team player, ability to put yourself in the mindset of others
- Experience with Galaxy
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with Transcriptomics databases
- Wet lab experience with standard techniques in molecular biology (pcr, cell culture, nucleic acid extraction)
- We offer a modern work environment in a multidisciplinary team, composed of bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, biochemists, and technicians
We enable you a collegial initial training and diverse training and development opportunities as well as an extensive health program for employees. In addition, we offer reliable family support and there is a day care center for children with emergency childcare. Furthermore, you will find the usual social benefits of the public service.
The MHH is certified as family-friendly university and stands for the promotion of women in the professional life. Applications of women are particularly welcome. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications are given preferential consideration.