A position as System Admin / Cloud Specialist for the recently launched infrastructure initiative German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA, www.ghga.de) is available at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the largest biomedical research institution in Germany with approximately 3,000 employees. GHGA is part of the national program for research data infrastructures (NFDI). GHGA will act as a national node within the federated European Genome-phenome Archive. This infrastructure will support genomics data hubs with software tools for secure data/metadata storage, interactive data portals with data visualization, and streamlined data deposition and acquisition solutions. The GHGA main office, which is coordinated by Prof. Oliver Stegle, is located at DKFZ in close coordination with the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
In order to develop the GHGA software platform into a state-of-the-art infrastructure for the secure exchange of genome data, we are looking for a System Administrator / Cloud Specialist.
We are looking for a team member with substantial experience and/or interest in developing, deploying, and maintaining the cloud platforms for GHGA infrastructure. The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary research, development, and data management team to develop and apply a diverse range of state-of-the-art technologies.
- Development of cloud infrastructure concepts and monitoring strategies
- Developing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining cloud services (such as DevOps services)
- Creating easily deployable virtual infrastructures that can be shared with other host institutions
- Implementing system security measures and performing penetration testing
- Supporting software developers and users to deploy software and analyze data in a cloud
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical background
- Experience in systems administration/cloud computing
- Previous experience in OpenStack and Kubernetes
- Proficiency in UNIX based systems and relevant programming languages such as Python
- Interest in setting up and using DevOps pipelines
- Previous experience of infrastructure in a life science and genomics context is beneficial
The ideal applicant should have demonstrated the ability to work independently and creatively. The candidate should have excellent communications skills and be able to articulate clearly the technical needs, set clear goals and work within an interdisciplinary setting, communicating with other partners.
- Interesting, versatile workplace in an internationally competitive scientific setting
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Competitive salary according to TV-L including comprehensive social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive training and development program
Earliest Possible Start Date: 01.03.2021
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
To Apply: https://jobs.dkfz.de/en/jobs/73197/system-administrator-cloud-specialist