(part-time 80%, E 13 TV-L)
Please find the full job posting at https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/jobposting/72c6d1f07934f09e58cee61cdb187690d678817a0
Reference number 2021/027. The start date is May 1st, 2021 or by agreement. The position is available until January 31, 2023 with the aim for extension towards the finalization of your doctoral degree.
The University of Konstanz is one of the eleven Excellence Universities in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
This position is an exciting opportunity for you, if you wish to develop strong data science skills and gain knowledge in molecular immunology by conducting bioinformatics research towards a better understanding of immune cell identity and function. The position is available within the newly established research group of Tenure Track Prof. Dr. Andreas Gruber, which has a focus on developing and applying data science approaches to study gene expression regulation in health and disease (further information: https://gruber-sciencelab.netlify.app).
Amongst others, you will be using computational tools to analyze bulk as well as single-cell RNA sequencing data of immune cells aiming to study the transcriptional programs that regulate isoform diversity observed across immune cell subpopulations. The results of your work will contribute to current efforts to better understand the molecular mechanisms underlying immune cell function as well as immune cell-associated diseases, such as auto-immune disorders, but also cancers. You will also have the opportunity to work on your own data science approaches / tools, as required, and contribute to research collaborations of the lab. If you have some experience in programming and/or analyzing data and you would like to conduct a doctoral thesis with a focus on data sciences and systems immunology, we are looking very much forward to your application!
- Analyze data from high-throughput sequencing experiments
- Explore and select appropriate data analysis approaches
- Implement and document sequencing data analysis workflows.
- Apply and develop your own data science tools and approaches
- Interpret analysis results and contribute to publications, presentations and funding proposals of the lab
- A Master or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. Bioinformatics, Informatics, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Bi-ology, Statistics, Data Sciences)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (in English language)
- Passion to analyse large high-throughput sequencing datasets
- Some experience in programming and/or analysing data (e.g. using R or Python)
- Excellent development opportunities, extensive training and an attractive remuneration package
- An exciting interdisciplinary working environment at the interface of data sciences and molecular cell biology
- The opportunity to extend your data science and informatics skill set, while gaining knowledge in systems immunology and the molecular basis of health and disease
If you have any additional questions, please get directly in contact via e-mail: andreas.j.gruber @uni-konstanz.de.
Please submit your application (motivation letter, CV, degree certificates incl. grades) in one single pdf file until March 11, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.