Department: German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA)
Code number: 2021-0407
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The German Cancer Research Center is seeking for the recently launched infrastructure initiative German Human Genome-Phenome Archive a scientific project manager.
The German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA, www.ghga.de) is part of the national program for research data infrastructures (NFDI). GHGA will act as a national node within the federated European Genome-Phenome Archive. This infrastructure will support genomics data hubs with software tools for secure data / metadata storage, interactive data portals with data visualization, and streamlined data deposition and acquisition solutions. The GHGA main office, which is coordinated by Prof. Oliver Stegle, is located at DKFZ in close coordination with the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
We are looking for a scientific project and communications manager to support the GHGA Office in its task to coordinate the various activities of GHGA. This is done in close cooperation with the participating GHGA institutions and other (inter)national partners, especially the European Genome-Phenome Archive (EGA).
- Contribution to the scientific project management of the GHGA project, including grant and collaboration management and general administrative tasks
- Interaction with data stewards, legal experts and technical teams of GHGA to develop SOPs, legal and other documentation
- Internal communication and event organization including pre- and post-administration of scientific meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Communication with all participating project scientists at national and international level, in German and English
- Depending on the candidate's profiles, the position can either be part-time or in full-time
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of experts bringing state-of-the-art biomedical research closer to clinics and patients
- Work at the interface of science, management and administration
- Take part in international organizations such as the Global Alliance for Genomics and Health (GA4GH), the European Genome-phenome Archive (EGA) and ELIXIR shaping future of genomics across borders
- Widen your expertise with extensive possibilities of training programs, seminars and conferences
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in natural sciences or computer sciences or related areas, preferably with PhD (or equivalent)
- Expertise in science management and/or project and quality management preferably in an academic setting is preferred
- Hands-on experience with bioinformatics and research data management (prefered area: sensitive human data)
- Hands-on expertise in handling of legal and regulatory processes is preferred
- Excellent communication, team working and management skills in an international working environment
- Independent, proactive working style with a desire for continued personal development
- Written and spoken proficiency in German and English
- Competence in Microsoft Office and other project management relevant software is required
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
Application Deadline: 05.01.2022
Dr. Jan Eufinger
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3442
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.
The DKFZ is committed to increase the proportion of women in all areas and positions in which women are underrepresented. Qualified female applicants are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.
Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal (https://www.dkfz.de/en/stellenangebote/index.php).