The Hannover Medical School (MHH), with about 10.000 employees the biggest company of Lower Saxony, is a university institution for research and teaching in the human and dental medicine and a university hospital of supra-maximum medical care. Research, teaching, medical care and administration work hand in hand in the integration model at the MHH-campus.
The RCUG (http://www.mhh.de/genomics) is a research-driven service facility. Since its formation in 2017, the RCUG is open to all departments at the MHH and selected external partners for the realization of sequencing-based projects. The extensive expertise of the personnel in the fields of planning, technical execution, analysis, and publication of genome-wide studies has been acquired during many years of research in their respective fields.
Modern cluster computational infrastructure, various sequencing technology platforms, and data analysis pipelines are established.
Key aspect of the applicant's work will be the analysis of 2nd and 3rd generation sequencing data in various research projects conducted on site (mainly genomics and metagenomics applications).
- Analysis and visualization of generated sequencing data
- Consultations with clients, discussing study design, technological prospects, provided data formats, and analysis options
- Pipeline development, maintenance and optimization in accordance with offered services, current inquiries, and general advances in the literature
- Participation in the provision of general RCUG services
- Teaching of students and scientists in Genomics-based applications and prospects
- Participation in the administration of our high-performance computing cluster (in close cooperation with our data center)
- Optional participation in various research proposals and possible integration in collaborative projects on site
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Informatics, or equivalent degree in life sciences with strong background/knowledge in bioinformatics processes
- Profound knowledge in 2nd and 3rd generation sequencing data, QC, and analysis
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or higher languages like Java/C
- Sound knowledge with Linux
- Very good spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills as a team player, ability to put yourself in the mindset of others (especially ‘non-bioinformaticians’)
- Desired skills: knowledge in R, experience with Galaxy, expertise with large datasets, and profound statistics knowledge
- A full position (38,5 h/week) in firm perspective as a permanent employment
- Remuneration according to TV-L
- Modern work environment in a multidisciplinary team, composed of bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, biochemists, and technicians
- Work in a highly motivated team with strong emphasis on personal responsibility, knowledge exchange, flat hierarchies, mutual appreciation, and teamwork
- An international team of scientists on campus
We enable you a collegial initial training and diverse training and development opportunities as well as an extensive health program for employees. In addition, we offer reliable family support and there is a day care center for children with emergency childcare. Furthermore, you will find the usual social benefits of the public service.
You have any questions beforehand?
Dr. Oliver Dittrich-Breiholz
+49 511 532 5814
Reference number 1292
Apply until: 05/01/2022