Institut für Klinische Biochemie und Pathobiochemie (Direktor: Univ.-Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Hadi Al-Hasani)
The German Diabetes Center (DDZ), Leibniz Institute for Diabetes Research at the Heinrich Heine University (HHU) Düsseldorf is an interdisciplinary research institute that links basic and clinical sciences to improve prevention, diagnosis and therapy of Diabetes mellitus and its complications. The Institute for Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry (Director: Prof. Dr. Hadi Al-Hasani) investigates the molecular mechanisms of onset and progression of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. In a novel precision medicine approach, biosamples from deep-phenotyped patients are analyzed using state-of-the-art omics technologies to develop individualized options for prevention and treatment of the disease. For data analysis of patient profile data, we are looking for a highly motivated and talented
Post-doctoral Researcher Bioinformatics / Data Science
with excellent skills and knowledge in comprehensive analysis of omics data to join our international and collaborative team in an outstanding and competitive scientific environment.
- Conduct omics data analyses (e.g., transcriptomics and/or proteomics).
- Improve existing procedures for measurements and quality control of omics data sets.
- Develop novel tools for multi-omics data analysis, patient profiling, pathway mapping, visualization of omics data, signaling cascades in diabetes and use in precision medicine.
- Studies and PhD degree in bioinformatics, data science, computer science, statistics or related.
- Prior experience in computational analysis of large-scale omics data sets.
- Advanced programming skills (e.g. R, Python).
- Knowledge in statistical and machine learning / AI methods.
- Independent and creative thinking.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Desirable skills and experience
- Analysis of biological networks.
- Multi-omics data analysis.
- Visualization of data and results.
- Methods for feature selection, classification and clustering.
- Methods for data cleaning and data pre-processing.
- Further programming skills (e.g. C++, SQL, web programming, workflow systems).
- Association with the DFG-Research Training Group GRK2576 (vivid.hhu.de), the German Center for Diabetes Research (dzd-ev.de) and the Leibniz PostDoc Network, offering unique access to scientific resources and networks for career development, training and mentoring.
- Support towards independent, responsible and flexible work.
- The position is awarded for 2 years and an extension of the contract period is envisaged.
- Family-friendly working conditions and professional equality. Since May 2011, the DDZ has been certified by the “career and family audit”. The provision of section §7 (1) of the Part-Time and Fixed-Term Act is taken into account.
- Salary is regulated by the collective agreement for the civil service of the state (TV-L) in the version valid for the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Severely handicapped persons will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
- Women are given preference for equal qualifications.
For more information see: https://ddz.de/job/post-doctoral-researcher-bioinformatics-data-science/