2022-02-07

 

In 2021, due to the global Corona pandemic, de.NBI and ELIXIR-DE offered mainly online training courses. In 2015, de.NBI started with 17 training courses and 329 participants, with increasing numbers in 2016 (40 courses with 882 participants), 2017 (69 courses with 1,489 participants), 2018 (77 courses with 1,520 participants) and 2019 (79 courses with 1586 participants), but a decresase (40 Courses with 1149 Participants) in 2020. Due to the establishment of different online training formats, de.NBI reached a new participant record of 2,128 training course participants (49 courses) in 2021.


The largest course was attended by 595, the smallest one – the only face-to-face course – by three scientists. Approx. 75% of the participants were PhD students or Postdocs. The remaining 25% were PIs, undergraduates, and participants from industry. The gender ratio of the students was 51% male and 49% female. We saw a remarkable high number of international and overseas participants in our courses due to the simplified virtual online participation. About 55% of the participants came from outside Germany. In general, the user survey shows satisfaction values more than 90%.

2128