Julianus Pfeuffer (CIBI), Timo Sachsenberg (CIBI)
15-16 April 2021
The OpenMS developer meeting brings bioinformaticians working in computational mass spectrometry together to shape the future development of OpenMS. It is targeted to core developers, new developers, and potential future contributors. Short talks, developer tutorials, and code sprints will be intertwined. Participants will have the opportunity to design custom tools and workflows together with instructors. External users are welcome to bring their own ideas and will receive detailed feedback as well as help getting started in OpenMS development. Progress will be tracked on our GitHub page with a resume of each day.
Target audience: This developer retreat is targeted to core, new and potential future developers of the OpenMS library and its tools.
Software requirements: For the retreat we require a working installation of any supported compiler, cmake, git, doxygen and OpenMS’ contrib libraries. Basic knowledge in C++ is highly beneficial.
- Developing algorithms and tools with the OpenMS library
- Working with OpenMS, its build system, and its datastructures
- Documenting code with Doxygen
- Deeper insights into new and established algorithms of the library
- Learning the GitHub workflow of OpenMS
- Designing and implementing tools or kernel classes in OpenMS
LC-MS-based proteomics and metabolomics, OpenMS, C++, algorithms for mass spectrometry, software engineering/design
OpenMS, git, cmake, C++ gcc / clang toolchain
To participate in this workshop, please email