de.NBI cloud group
6th Dec + 7th Dec 2022, all day, UTC+1
Jülich (In-person training) - FZ Jülich
We provide the opportunity for our current users to learn more about best practices in cloud computing and present newcomers and possible future users the capabilities provided by the de.NBI Cloud that could help accelerate their research in future projects.
The scope of this meeting includes:
• Talks of experienced users in different research areas
• Workshops for new and already experienced users
• Chance to talk to experts on various cloud computing topics
We are looking forward to welcoming interested researchers from many different bioinformatics and life-science research areas to learn more about cloud computing and the de.NBI Cloud.
We will provide workshops on
• Linux Command Line, SimpleVM & Research Environments
• Bioconda & Biocontainers
• Common Workflow Language (CWL)
• OpenStack & Ansible
• BibiGrid (SLURM-based grid-computing) on the de.NBI cloud
• Working with the de.NBI cloud project types SimpleVM and OpenStack
• Working with Bioinformatics tools and workflows
• We welcome people from all backgrounds, no matter if you are new to the de.NBI Cloud or considering to submit a project application, to learn and network in our growing community.
• de.NBI Cloud User account (see instructions at https://cloud.denbi.de/wiki/registration/
• Laptop for local program execution, browser-based access and / or ssh-based access
de.NBI cloud, Linux, OpenStack, Ansible, Kubernetes, Bioconda, BioContainers, CWL, SimpleVM, Research Environments