de.NBI cloud group
27 - 29 November 2023
Bielefeld - DJH Youth Hostel in Bielefeld
We provide the opportunity for our current users to learn more about best practices in cloud computing and present newcomers and possible future users the capabilities provided by the de.NBI Cloud that could help accelerate their research in future projects. Talks and workshops will be given covering topics in cloud computing, such as container orchestration using Kubernetes, the application of infrastructure as code technologies but also bioinformatics related workshops such as an introduction to Bioconda and BioContainers and introductions to bioinformatics workflow systems.
• Working with the de.NBI cloud project types SimpleVM and OpenStack
• Working with Bioinformatics tools and workflows
• We welcome people from all backgrounds, no matter if you are new to the de.NBI Cloud or considering to submit a project application, to learn and network in our growing community.
• de.NBI Cloud User account (see instructions at https://cloud.denbi.de/wiki/registration/
• Laptop for local program execution, browser-based access and / or ssh-based access
de.NBI cloud, Linux, OpenStack, Ansible, Kubernetes, Bioconda, BioContainers, SimpleVM, Research Environments