SDBV-group HITS; SEMS-group, Department of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Rostock (NBI-SysBio)
30-05-2016 – 31-05-2016, 12:00-17:00
Studio Villa Bosch, Heidelberg
Do you work in the lab and always wonder what these bioinformaticians do with the data you generate?
Would you like to use models to verify a hypothesis or test your experimental data?
Then this workshop may be right for you.
The first day of the workshop focuses on data.
We will celebrate the 10th anniversary of SABIO-RK with talks and practical trainings relating to the publication, curation, retrieval, and usage of kinetic data in SABIO-RK.
The second day of the workshop focuses on the use of data in modeling.
You will hear experience reports from scientists who successfully used experimental data to formulate or verify biological hypotheses with the computer, and you will experience how experimental data can be used with computational models in practical trainings.
- Using SABIO-RK to access and export structured reaction kinetics data
- Experience basic modeling with kinetic data
- Experience how to publish your data in a standardised and reusable manner
- Experience how to find existing models and how to reuse them with your data
- Experimental or theoretical background in enzyme kinetics or basic knowledge in systems biology.
- For the practical part it is recommended to bring your own laptop. WLAN will be provided.
reaction kinetics, systems biology, modeling, data and model management
SABIO-RK, COPASI, SEEK, MaSyMoS, BiVeS
For more information and sign up see: