RBC Freiburg, Freiburg Galaxy Team
Wednesday June 28, 2017 15:30 - 18:00
This workshop is part of GCC conference in Montpellier, France (https://gcc2017.sched.com/)
Galaxy is a great platform for teaching diverse scientific topics to a broad user base. The flexibility, reproducibility, and scalability of Galaxy make it an ideal environment for teaching and training. The Galaxy Training Network is a community initiative dedicated to high-quality Galaxy-based training around the world. One of its objectives is to support trainers with complete training material and recommendations about bioinformatics training. Templates and best training practices were defined to help trainers create new material, unify the different material, and make training materials more accessible and easy for users to learn and for teachers to teach.
- Infrastructure of the GTN training materials
- How to generate training materials following best practices
- Generate Galaxy Interactive Tours and create Docker Flavours intended for teaching and training sessions
- Best practices for running Galaxy-based workshops
- Basic familiarity with using Galaxy (how to import datasets and run tools)
- Basic familiarity with git and Docker will also be helpful for parts of the workshop.
- A wi-fi enabled laptop with a modern web browser. Google Chrome or Firefox will work best.
Galaxy, Workshops, Training, Training Material, Galaxy Training Network (GTN)
Galaxy, Galaxy Training Network (GTN)
Further information: https://gcc2017.sched.com/ https://gcc2017.sched.com/event/9n1K/galaxy-for-training-and-education