Florian Jug, Tobias Pietzsch (DAIS, CIBI)
03.12.2017 – 16.12.2017
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden
In December 2017, the DAIS Team is holding a 14-day hackathon in Dresden, Germany. A hackathon is an event at which software developers and researchers collaborate intensively on commonly used software projects. The purpose of this hackathon is to bring together people working with Fiji, ImageJ, and KNIME Image Processing. Attendees will have the chance to consult with experienced core contributors from all three open source projects. All attendees should already have a solid background in Java and a strong interest in contributing to Fiji, ImageJ, and/or KNIME Image Processing.
- Integration of existing projects into Fiji and/or KNIME.
- Extending existing plugins and frameworks by new and useful features.
- Although this is not intended to be a Fiji or KNIME development training we offer special training events for new members of this dynamic open source community.
- Strong background in developing reusable software in Java.
- Basic knowledge with common ImageJ2 development concepts.
- Basic knowledge using the ImgLib2.
- Well defined hackathon topic to bring and work on (needs to be announced to the organizers ahead of time).
Fiji, ImageJ, KNIME, Image Processing, ImgLib2, Hackathon
Fiji, ImageJ, KNIME