Axel von Kamp, Steffen Klamt, Sven Thiele (MPI Magdeburg), Frank T. Bergmann, Ursula Kummer (University of Heidelberg), Wolfgang Müller, Maja Rey, Andreas Weidemann, Ulrike Wittig (HITS) (de.NBI-SysBio)
21. - 23 September 2020
Key concepts of stoichiometric and kinetic modeling of biochemical networks:
- stoichiometric matrix and stoichiometric networks
- steady state flux distributions
- principles of constraint-based modeling
- metabolic flux analysis and flux optimization (flux balance analysis)
- metabolic pathway analysis with elementary flux modes
- metabolic network design via minimal cut sets
- simulation of dynamic (kinetic) models
- sensitivity analysis
- carrying out parameter estimation tasks
- model exchange using SBML
Data and model management:
- manual/programmatic access to reaction kinetics data from SABIO-RK
- storage and exchange of data and models using FAIRDOMHub/SEEK
- modeling specific functionalities in FAIRDOMHub/SEEK
During this 3-day course, attendees will learn basic techniques for modeling of biochemical networks including data access and storage due to the FAIR principles. The first day introduces principles of stoichiometric and constraint-based modeling coupled with hands on exercises using CellNetAnalyzer. The second day continues with kinetic modeling techniques which will be illustrated and exercised with COPASI. The third day SABIO-RK is used as a resource for kinetic data and FAIRDOM Hub/SEEK is introduced as a data and model management platform fitted to the needs of systems biologists. The hands on exercises throughout the three days will ensure that attendees become familiar with the software tools and with analyzing, creating, editing, importing, simulating and storing biochemical networks.
Ideally, we would like to hold this workshop at the location in Magdeburg. However, given the current situation, we might have to transform it into a virtual meeting (online course). We will inform you about the final decision by September 4. Please indicate below in the registration whether you would attend only the real course in Magdeburg / only the online course / or whether you could live with both of them.
Some knowledge of mathematical modeling will be advantageous.
The participants should bring their own laptop with MATLAB installed (if you do not have MATLAB please let us know during registration).
CellNetAnalyzer (CNA), COPASI, SBML, FAIR, modeling, kinetic data access, database, data and model management
CellNetAnalyzer, COPASI, Matlab, SABIO-RK, FAIRDOMHub/SEEK