de.NBI Cloud Group
03.09 to 05.09
What is it about?
The 2nd de.NBI Cloud User Meeting is an upcoming 3-day event (03.09.2018-05.09.2018) in Heidelberg for people interested in Bioinformatics, Cloud Computing or Big Data. Due to the diversity of approaches that arise in this exciting and rapidly evolving cloud computing technology niche, this meeting should help to exchange ideas and approaches in the growing de.NBI Cloud community.
We aim to advantage our attendees, from beginner to expert, with comprehensive understanding of the very broad application and benefit of the de.NBI Cloud. This event is your chance of meeting users, developers and administrators using the de.NBI Cloud. We feature topics from introduction or use case talks to introduce different technologies (OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Nextflow, ….) to tutorials and workshops that will help understand how to actually apply the technology in your research.
- Matthias König – Humboldt-University Berlin
- Alan Beccati – Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology
- Alexander Peltzer – Quantitative Biology Center (QBIC)
- Johannes Werner – Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research
- Jens Preussner – Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research
- Marius Dieckmann – Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Justus University Giessen
- Björn Grüning – Bioinformatics Group Freiburg University
- Helena Rasche – Bioinformatics Group Freiburg University
- Jan Krüger – Computational Metagenomics, Bielefeld University
Who should attend this meeting?
We welcome people from all background, no matter if you are new to the de.NBI Cloud or considering to submit a project application, to learn and network in our growing community.
What to bring?
- 03.09. (13:00 – 18:00): Presentation of use cases
- 04.09. (09:00 – 17:00): Workshop
- 05.09. (09:00 – 13:00): Workshop
Further Information and registration at